Consumer Product Prototyping and Additive Manufacturing , Consumer Goods Product Development
ProtoCAM has decades of experience with prototyping for consumer products. ProtoCAM has worked with hundreds of product development engineers, designers, and inventors on consumer goods product development and rapid prototyping for consumer goods. ProtoCAM has actively participated in many consumer goods projects from initial concept to prototype to manufacturing.
Consumer products prototyping has been used for a myriad of items. Here are just a few examples:
- Consumer electronics
- Sporting goods
- Point of purchase display
- Musical instruments
- Indoor and Outdoor Furniture
Consumer Goods Prototyping and Production
The use of rapid prototyping, 3D printing, and additive manufacturing technologies in developing consumer goods is well proven. The design process for new or improved consumer goods includes the important step of producing a physical prototype, then checking and testing form, fit, and function.
ProtoCAM has used process steps like these in working on consumer goods product development projects:
- Evaluate initial 3D CAD models from the product designer
- Revise the CAD models with product designer as needed
- Make sure product is designed for future manufacturability and provide suggestions/revisions as necessary
- Create initial prototype models
- Get customer approval or revise as needed
- Create final product prototypes that are ready for rapid manufacturing or other manufacturing process
This vast experience with consumer products prototyping is a compelling reason to work with ProtoCAM.
Consumer Product Prototypes and Parts from ProtoCAM – Key Benefits
- Experience and know-how
- Fast turn-around
- Design/engineering assistance
- Confidentiality of product development assured