3D-Printed Architectural Models
ProtoCAM has overe 25 years of specialized experience in creating architectural models. We utilize various 3D printing techniques to create compelling and visually stunning 3D architectural models. In working with professional architects, ProtoCAM takes 3D CAD representations and uses stereolithography (and other 3D printing technologies when appropriate) to make dramatic architectural scale models, which can then be used for demonstration purposes to illustrate the shape and details of a building (home, office building, museum, church, etc.) or other detailed structure (bridge, sculpture).
Features of 3D-Printed Architectural Scale Models
Utilizing 3D printing and additive manufacturing to create architectural models is advantageous because:
- The detailed features of the architectural model created with 3D printing technologies cannot be matched by traditional architectural model making
- Architectural model prototypes support the purpose of the model: to sell the building concept and the architectural services behind it
- Models can be made translucent, and that appearance can very attractive and engaging when the building is lit from underneath, producing a dazzling aura for displaying the model
- The architectural model can also be colored and/or painted as desired
Key Benefits of Working with ProtoCAM for 3D Architectural Models
- Fast turnaround and delivery
- Available engineering expertise
- Wide variety of additive manufacturing materials available
- 25 years of architectural 3D model-making expertise
- Assured design confidentiality
Materials Used in 3D Architectural Models
Materials used by ProtoCAM for architectural models include:
Contact ProtoCAM for additional materials used for architectural models.
3D Printing Technologies Used for 3D Architectural Models
ProtoCAM usually uses stereolithography for architectural models, but may also utilize SLS, FDM, MJF, or Polyjet 3D printing where appropriate. Surface finishing and coloring may also factor into choosing which 3D printing technology should be utilized for each model.